JOIN IN! Community Dialogue Day at the Center on Saturday, November 16
Saturday, November 16
How Do You Serve Your Community?
What Does It Mean To You? Tell Us!
Come participate and share in a roundtable discussion on the idea of community service and what it has meant in your life experience.
Share your own voice and speak out, or sit back and listen, in a discussion with:
Facilitated by Myshell Tabu, Mother/Artist/Educator/Organizer
- School of Echoes- Dont Rhine, Walt Senterfitt, Leonardo Vilchis
- Mujeres de Hierro, Mujeres de Barro Painting Collective- Magally Catalán, Ana Santamaria, Maria Plata, Daisy Ocampo, Alma Caudillo, Marilu Hinojosa
- West Adams Community United- Deanna Sumrow, Aeros Pierce
- Black LGBT Project- C. Jerome Woods, Founder/Director
- Friends of West Adams- Maritza Roque, Jacinda Sutphin
- SoLA Food Co-op- Bahni Turpin, Founder
- Black August/ Slausons / SNCC- Kumasi
- Staff of The William Grant Still Arts Center
- Members of Union de Vecinos (Boyle Heights)
For greater understanding by all, this conversation will be translated into both English and Spanish.
In conjunction with our current art exhibition Tequio Aqui, Tequio Allá (Tequio Here, Tequio There) about the Oaxacan tradition of service called tequio.
Please note that the Sisterhood of West Adams event initially scheduled for Saturday, November 23 has been postponed until 2014.